Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

hi, is this criminal law? i couldnt find a link Im jennifer.

Customer Question

hi,
is this criminal law? i couldnt find a link
Im jennifer. I live in La Jolla Ca ( San Diego ) I broke up my ex boyfriend three weeks ago and before I arrived home that day from out break up he was at my front door to claim his stuff when I said id drop it off and he then followed me to vons and glared me down as he drove past then came to my car window to see if he can help with grocery bags once I shopped. I said no. Then the next day, I live in a gated, well key access only building in a really nice area and he came in past residents three times..once he left a gift, once he knocked on the door ( I set adt off and he ran out the side door ) and once another time. that was Sun oct 14 then that monday he ran into my gated garage as I drove in give me flowers which I rejected and said ( see I said when we eneded it bc I took him back the first time after two weeks ,,this time I said I never ever ever will date you again. But we can be friends if you give me space which he has not ) so Monday I said you know your not giving me space and respecting my wishes. Tuesday he ignored me. I can go on and on I have pages of incidents. Oh weds he called my chiropractors office saying he was me I think in a mans voice the receptionist said but I can verify again he asked when my next apt was. She knew it was " off " so when she asked for my birthday he hung up then she called to ask me if I called knowing I didn't bc she saw me that afternoon for an apt and knew I didn't make follow ups. The following day I went back bc I needed an adjustment and the dr was really worried about this issue. He followed me in his car Sunday waiving then double back as I drove past. He text me four hours later he was a the fair at one on girard is why he saw me.. YEa right where my car literally was as I was getting in. He has cyber bothered me on facebook and Linkden so I reomved him. He has written all my friends on facebook he is devastated over our breakip and can he meet with them for lunch etc. he fools many into believing he is mr. wonderful. He knows the games. He said he was taken to court by an ex years ago and said it was over money but I bet it was over stalking. He would always say when we were dating if I see you in the same area and your out with friends, I am not following you bc I have been accussed of that before with girls he dated. I am too naieve and trusting and like to believe no one is bad.

sorry it is so song
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Customer:

HI My Esquire,

Alex Esquire :

Hello Jenifer and Welcome to JustAnwer.com

Customer:

Thank you so much

Alex Esquire :

I am very sorry to hear about your difficult situation with your ex-boyfriend

Alex Esquire :

Can you please tell me how long you have been together with him before the break up?

Customer:

I also meant to ask once I get a temporary restraining order what do you think my chances could be to get ten years to permanent? Or can I just start out with permanent?

Alex Esquire :

We will cover that question as we go along.

Customer:

six weeks. we were together for two weeks then I broke up with him but he talked his way back. I thought he swore to me and he kept talking about my friend whose a girl is why we broke up but he never took balme and swore he never said a bad word to me.

Customer:

so I took him back and he even fooled my therapist who I wanted him to meet her to help us make sure we were on the correct path. Sad I know lol

Alex Esquire :

How old are you and how old is your ex?

Alex Esquire :

It is okay

Alex Esquire :

People make mistakes and don't always make decisions with their heads, but rather with their hearts.

Customer:

in 40 and this was the most serious I have had. I thought I saw a future with him . he is 35, or 36 I forget

Customer:

thank you for that!

Alex Esquire :

I see.

Alex Esquire :

Well, have you been ever physically threatened by this ex?

Alex Esquire :

Does he own any weapons or have violent tendencies to the best of your knowledge?

Customer:

no but when I broke up with him, in his apt which was so stupid, he tried to block me from leaving his bedroom by shutting the door..so I went into the den and he put in hands in front of my legs and begged me to not go..that is it,

Alex Esquire :

Thank you for your follow up.

Alex Esquire :

Have you reported any of this harassing and stalking activity to the police?

Customer:

he said when he was in the sherrif accademy he was upset with a neighbor so he pulled a gun out of his car to have the neighbor back down, then his parents walked out ( allans did ) so he backed down and apoligized. but he said he graduated sherrif school yet he said he didn't want to be a sherrif bc he found it was to dangerous. that is like saying he didn't want to join the army bc he had to go to bootcamp or use weapons.. He posted it on his blog about the sherrif school and even had a uniform on but I am learning anyone can fabricate anything.

Customer:

I mentioned it but am worried what will the result be if I do. I am worried if I only get a temporary one and they deny me a longer order. I have an aqaintance on the force who is the jewish community where we both are involved in and he said he would help me get a RO but I told him I wanted to think about it

Customer:

what is the San Diego restraining order laws as far as how long do they last? I have three he violated...cyber stalking, harrasement and stalking.

Alex Esquire :

Well, you would have to file a petition in local court for a restraining order and you would have to testify in court and present clear documented evidence of stalking by this ex.

Alex Esquire :

Here is what you might want consider doing, if you don't feel that you are ready or want to go through all the legal proceedings involving a restraining order.

Alex Esquire :

Do you have this ex's valid current residential address?

Alex Esquire :

I don't need it, just let me know if you do or don't

Customer:

no i know his condo building> i never paid attention to his unit.

Customer:

i have his work address

Alex Esquire :

Here is where you might want to start.

Alex Esquire :

You might want to consult a local criminal law attorney and to have this attorney draft a very firm and strong warning notice for this ex to cease and decease any and all contact with you in any possible way. This local attorney can also put in the letter that if this ex in any way tries to contact you or approaches you, that this attorney will help you pursue criminal charges against the ex and also will help you seek a permanent restraining order.

Alex Esquire :

This notice can be served on your ex by personal in hand service by a sheriff or a process service and this way not only your ex will be on notice to cease and decease any and all contact with you, but also your concern and warning will be documented properly.

Alex Esquire :

If the ex fails to stop any and all contact with you, then the same attorney can help you pursue a restraining order and criminal charges against this ex.

Alex Esquire :

Does that make sense?

Customer:

thank you so much! would you also think it be smart and I do if I call the chiro to get eveidence he called them asking and pretending to be me about when my next apt was or should I have a lawyer get this from the chiropractor incase they are worried it is a legal issue>

Customer:

thank you for all of your time!! oh and if I do get a RO what is the max in California he may get?

Alex Esquire :

Your lawyer can handle getting the evidence from you chiropractor.

Customer:

thank you and have a wonderful night !! You were excellent and thank you and happy halloween!

Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Alex! I enjoyed talking with you also. I took your advice
And got a lawyer here, sent the ceast and disuse
And in two weeks is our court date to see if I ca
Get the restraining order. He has two priors on records with the
San Diego courts for stalking. Possibly
A third but it's in the vault or old files.
He never showed yo the other hearings do hopefully
He won't show to mine either then ill get the ro

Thanks again for your help Alex,
Jennifer

Dear Jenifer,

Thank you for your kind words and for following up with me.

I am glad to hear that you have taken control of this situation and also have taken legal measures to protect yourself from this creepy ex-boyfriend.

Please let me know if you have any new questions and I will be happy to further answer them.