LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

In the state of Maine, does an arrest for domestic violence

In the state of Maine, does an arrest for domestic violence automatically equal a conviction for domestic violence?

Thank you so much for this opportunity to try and be of service to you today.

I am a licensed attorney and will do my best to provide you an honest and accurate answer to your important legal question.

QUESTION: "In the state of Maine, does an arrest for domestic violence automatically equal a conviction for domestic violence?"

ANSWER: No. Absolutely, positively not. Unless and until a final judgment of conviction is rendered, an arrest is a mere accusation of a charge. This is a hugely important matter of Constitutional proportion, namely the presumption of innocence.

I would be glad to continue our dialog as needed, so please remember to go ahead and rate my answer by selecting from the available choices. Doing so will not close your question. I will gladly continue interacting with you after wards for absolutely no additional charge whatsoever to you. Placing a bonus is entirely optional but always greatly appreciated to enable me to continue assisting customers in this venue.

I truly hope all works out for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will rate as excellent also adding, I am the one who called police to get help. I do not want to press charges but am told I have to wait until the hearing to even talk to my husband. How do I speak with him and also, make sure he is not convicted?