Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

I have a felony conviction for theft. I do not have any violence

I have a felony conviction for theft. I do not have any violence on my record. I had a concelled weapon permit for several years before this case and the police dept asked me to turn it in during the case.

WA resident, can i own and buy a gun, rifle or handgun. do i need a ct approval? Date of Alfred plea 12-16-2008 date of incident 12-7-2004

No other infractions misdomeaders arrests etc, clean record.

Michael J, Esq. :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.

Michael J, Esq. :

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, if you are a convicted felon, you will not be able to own or possess a firearm in the state of Washington.

Michael J, Esq. :

There are certain circumstances in which you can petition the court to vacate your conviction and restore your rights. Generally, the felony must be a non-violent felony, not against a person, you have no current charges pending, and have been out of trouble for 5-10 years. A local attorney can tell you whether your specific conviction can be expunged.

Customer:

Hello XXXXX go in the court house and ask the Judge?

Customer:

hello

Michael J, Esq. :

No, you should hire a local attorney to look at your circumstances and find out if you will be able to have it expunged.

Michael J, Esq. :

A Judge will not be able to tell you.

Customer:

OK, I looked at the federal form, and it seems like only violent crimes domestic violence prevents gun ownership?

Michael J, Esq. :

States can be more restrictive than the federal government. You can not own a gun if you are a felon.

Michael J, Esq. :

I'm extremely sorry that that 's the case. Your best bet is to take the previous conviction to a local attorney and see about vacating the conviction and having the rights restored.

Michael J, Esq. :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,

Michael