Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

My Class B misdmeanor was expunged from my record 14 years ago.If asked if I have a convic

My Class B misdmeanor was expunged from my record 14 years ago.If asked if I have a conviction do I say Yes/No ?
Plus will it show up on a Criminal record check?

Hi

The purpose of an expunction is so you can honestly answer no to any questions involving "have you ever been convicted of a crime" whether Felony or Misdemeanor.

Therefore, you may honestly answer No to such a question.

However, if the question says have you ever been arrested then you have to say yes, because the arrest may appear on a background check unless you have also had those arrest records "sealed" which many times is a separate process from expungement.

The records concerning a conviction will show up as "Expunged" with no further detail, however.

Please note that if you need more information, you can use the Reply to Expert to Continue the Conversation. Otherwise, I would appreciate positive ratings so that I get credit for my time and information. This will NOT close your question. It will remain active for future follow ups.

If you cannot see where to Rate me, please let me know so I can report it to the administrators of the site.

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If my conviction record will show up as expunged--will

it show the date of conviction ?

,

Hi

It will only show expungement date. There is nothing about a conviction. However, two and two means if there was an expungment there must have been a conviction.

Still, you can honestly answer the question as to conviction with a No

Thank you