Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal law experience in both JAG and the civilian sector.
20011183

My federal sentence was terminated in 2003. It began in 1994

My federal sentence was terminated in 2003. It began in 1994 as a 60 month sentence. I was ordered to pay 40,000.00 in restitution. Now in 2012 on sep. 25 I received a letter demanding payment..Or produce documents and finacianl records to set up payment plans. No statue of limitations for this?
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

A statute of limitations concerns how long the government has to file a criminal charge or how long a person has to file a civil charge. It is meant to keep a person from having to defend against a claim when all the potential evidence is stale.

Here, the state has already filed the charges, so there isn't a statute of limitations involved. They already met that requirement and you already had the chance to defend, in your original trial.

So no, there is not a statute of limitations for this.