Criminal Lawyer
Criminal Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  New York Attorney
70731161

About the SIMMONS CASE Do you need to spend over a year and

About the SIMMONS CASE
Do you need to spend over a year and a day or if you were sentenced to a year and a day but only did 9 months out of 3 charges does this apply?

Bobfitzm :

Good Day ,

I am a US Attorney and I’ll be answering your question today.

Please repeat your question. Is your Son serving time for separate sentences to run concurrently or consecutively ?

What crimes has he been convicted of ?

Why are you siting the Simon's case to do with juvenile capital punnishment ?

Bob

Customer:

sentenses are concurrent

a long list don't know all

he just wanted me to ask if he has 3 felony charges and one of them was a year and a day but only spent 9 months would he cralify for the simmons case other 2 charges he did spend more than a year and a day guns and drugs were involved

Customer:

he is serving concurrent sentencing

they involve drugs and weapons

he just wanted me to ask if out of 1 and 3 charges if one of them he only spent 9 months instead of a year and a day does this apply to him when his sentence was a year and a day?

Bobfitzm :

The sentence has to be a year and a day alright but he may receive parol before this time.

Thank You for your question.

Please RATE my answer now either GOOD or EXCELLENT , so that I get credit for this answer and leave a BONUS if possible.

Customer:

so the sentence has to be a year and a day but if he didn't serve a year and a day he can qualify for this right?

Bobfitzm :

Yes exactly a felon must be sentenced for a minimum of a year and a day, but he is eligible for parole before this time.

JUST A REMINDER, this is an HONOR SYSTEM in which the customer rates the service GOOD/EXCELLENT and leaves a BONUS/TIP for a service received.

Thank You

Bob

Bobfitzm :

Dear Customer,

I was pleased to receive and answer your question.

I see you have no rated the service GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for my answer.

Do you have any FURTHER QUESTIONS regarding my answer ?

I will be happy to follow up on any additional questions.

This is a HONOR SYSTEM in which the customer rates an answer GOOD or EXCELLENT and leaves a BONUS/TIP in good faith for a service received.

Thank You

Bob