Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Hello, I have recently gotten a class 2 misdemeanor 20-141

Hello, I have recently gotten a class 2 misdemeanor 20-141 (j1). My court date is in two days (Wednesday) in Orange County, NC. But since I got pulled over (I was doing 93 in a 65), I have moved to Tennessee. I don't have the funds right now to drive four hours there and back for one day. Is there anyway I can get it postponed? Also, what are my options (Can I get prayer for judgement?) and what can I do to not get my licence taken away? To not get my licence taken away, would it be better to not get it postponed?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney.

You should be able to get the case continued for 30 days or so. You will have to call the court clerks office and ask for an extension/continuance. You need to do this first thing tomorrow.

It would be rare to have your license suspended for a misdemeanor offense - unless you've had several tickets. You can probably plead no contest, pay a fine and be done. In fact, you may be able to just mail in the fine and not have to return for court.

Your chances don't go up or down with a continuance request - other than the possibility that the officer may not appear for the second setting. If that happens, the ticket can be dismissed.