AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.

I am 65 and 100% federally disabled last year the women that

I am 65 and 100% federally disabled last year the women that lived with me attempted to run over me with a car. She was taken to a hospital by police which resulted in her being sent to a lock down behavourial unit which she got out of a week later.She also screamed and yelled at me everyday during my 5 week daily Cancer treatment. She has locked me out of my house for six weeks and now is sueing me claiming rights over my property.. Can I charge her ? Can I sue her ?

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your inquiry! I have been practicing Criminal law for 17+ years and have specific experience with issues like yours.

My name isXXXXX and I have been a stage 4 (highest) professional lawyer with the Company for nearly 4 years, and enjoy giving top notch answers to all of my customers. While I am unable to represent you or give you specific legal advise, I can provide you with legal information you may wish to consider and review so that when you do consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction, you have a basis of knowledge.

Please DO remember to only rate my answer when you are quite satisfied with my diligence and effort in accordance with your chosen transaction. I aim to provide EXCELLENT SERVICE. Until then, please stop and REPLY to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the question concern you may still have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. AND, WHEN YOU DO RATE ME POSITIVELY, PLEASE SEND ME A REPLY LETTING ME KNOW YOU ARE DOING SO, SO WE CAN ENSURE IT GETS RECORDED. THANKS!

Can you clarify:

1. Is she your roommate? Romantic other? Landlord? What is the relationship?

2. Do you own or rent?

------

Please note that I have not yet answered your question. That is because this is one of those times where additional information is necessary or prudent. I have requested this additional information from you in order that a most thorough and accurate answer may be provided and I look forward to your response. In the meantime, I will be researching any related issues as necessary for that thorough answer, to ensure that there are no recent legal changes that could effect my answer, as well as drafting portions of the answer for you. Thus, if you don't see my response right away, after you provide your reply, please don't be concerned. Once I respond, you should be getting an email notification (or other) so you can come back and receive that answer. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX look forward to assisting you.

Repeat reminder: Due to rules of our states, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information in order that you may have a starting point for helping yourself and and better pursuing the details you need. PLEASE ALSO KNOW THAT ANY ANSWERS FROM ME ARE POSTED ON THIS SITE AND NOT EMAILED TO YOU. I DO NOT KNOW YOUR EMAIL AND WILL NEVER EMAIL YOU MYSELF.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1-we lived togeather as boyfriend and girlfriend. NC has no palomoney

2 I own my home I am the only one on the title

Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your clarification. My name isXXXXX and I have been a stage 4 (highest) professional lawyer with the Company for nearly 4 years, and enjoy giving top notch answers to all of my customers. While I am unable to represent you or give you specific legal advise, I can provide you with legal information you may wish to consider and review so that when you do consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction, you have a basis of knowledge.

That being said, with regard to your post:

I am 65 and 100% federally disabled last year the women that lived with me attempted to run over me with a car. You can sue her civilly for assault - even if she didn't hit you.

She was taken to a hospital by police which resulted in her being sent to a lock down behavourial unit which she got out of a week later. You can push the police to charge her - even if mentally ill, that does not always equate with being able to defend on the basis of "insanity". They may or may not choose to, but I'd push it. They only kept her for 5 day so while she was a bit off kilter, that does not mean she didn't know wrong from right etc.

She also screamed and yelled at me everyday during my 5 week daily Cancer treatment. This is likely not going to go anywhere. At the time, you'd ideally have started eviction procedures. But you can do that now.

She has locked me out of my house for six weeks and now is sueing me claiming rights over my property.. Can I charge her ? You can push and ask the police or the DA to press charges criminally, absolutely. You can also ask for a restraining order. Can I sue her ? YES. If there are no court orders holding YOU away from your house, I'd consider going with a locksmith and getting the locks cut off. I'd ideally bring the police with me, to ensure no false allegations of self help or abuse. I'd then seek a restraining order against her so she must stay away from me and my house. I'd change the locks and sue her for taking my property for 6 weeks (at least fair market value).

Optional Information:
Country relating to Question: United States

...

1-we lived togeather as boyfriend and girlfriend. NC has no palomoney That wasn't my concern. SInce you are not married, this is NOT a marital residence, so you likely CAN evict her.

2 I own my home I am the only one on the title Most excellent. See above and get going!

Hope this helps, feel free to follow up if anything is not clear. (If you have a new question, however, different from "Can I charge her ? Can I sue her ?", please put it into a NEW thread/transaction. Feel free to start it with "To Alexia Esq." and it will be directed to me to answer.

Sincerely,

Alexia Esq.

-------

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know and we can interact further. Otherwise, I wish you the best and ask that you Rate me now. HINT: I aim to provide only EXCELLENT SERVICE and ask that you click a rating on the RIGHT side of the choices OR, follow up with me if you need more follow up or clarification. AND, WHEN YOU DO RATE ME POSITIVELY, PLEASE SEND ME A REPLY LETTING ME KNOW YOU ARE DOING SO, SO WE CAN ENSURE IT GETS RECORDED. THANKS!

You can ask for me directly in the future by starting your post with "To Alexia Esq."

Repeat reminder: Due to rules of our states, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information in order that you may have a starting point for helping yourself and presenting your issue to your lawyer if need be. I am an Attorney in the U.S. but I am not your attorney.

AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.