JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.

My son has been arrested and put in jail for a criminal vehicular

My son has been arrested and put in jail for a criminal vehicular operation charge. He sees the judge on Tuesday. What can we do to help him? He is 25
Welcome and thank you for your question!

I am sorry to learn of your family's circumstances. You can go to court on Tuesday to be present during the arraignment and you can post whatever bond the judge sets. You can also assist your son in hiring a local criminal defense attorney to represent your son at future court dates.

Tuesday's hearing will just be for reading the charges to your son, setting bond, and learning if he will hire an attorney, represent himself, or ask for court-appointed counsel.

I know that this is not what you wanted to hear but you deserve a candid answer. I wish very much that I could offer you an answer that was more favorable to your circumstances, but the law seems to be pretty clear. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

I hope you understand.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

What are your options now?

If you wish to continue this conversation, click on the Reply tab.
If you are satisfied that I have answered your question, then please rate the answer with “excellent service” so that I receive credit for assisting you. Positive ratings are the only way I receive credit for assisting you today.

IF you feel the need to click either
"Helped a little" or "I expected more," then do not rate me (not yet, anyway!). Instead, reply to me using the REPLY tab. Specify what additional information you need and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Does he plead not quilty?

Correct, he pleads not guilty at the arraignment.

~~ J.B.