Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

a bad mechanic experience they charge me like gold and my car

a bad mechanic experience they charge me like gold and my car still bad, top of that they busted a knock sensor when replace the starter a haven"t replace it yet can i make a legal claim with out invest more money on my issue. i live on bridgeport ct
.
If the mechanic has not repaired the car as agreed and caused further damage, then you could have grounds to file suit in small claims court for breach of contract. You would need to get estimates for the cost of repairing any damages that the mechanic has caused to use as evidence. The limit in CT small claims is $5,000 and you don't need an attorney to represent you. The costs are minimal and are recoverable on top of any judgment you may receive.
.
After you file suit, the mechanic may decide to simply repair the vehicle, if you allow it, rather than be dragged into court and potentially be held liable for the cost of having someone else repair it.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please remember to rate my answer. I will gladly continue our discussion until you have gotten the information you need.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.