dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  J.D. degree, 15 years practice

How do you help someone convicted in a small South Alabama

Customer Question

How do you help someone convicted in a small South Alabama town accused of raping a caucasian/japanese lady that was an aquaintance. Had a court appointed attorney at motions were offered nor was she investigated. Filed an appeal with another AL attorney and they said they could not do anything that was not in original trial. Our problem is there was no doctor's exam or bruises as she said she was held down..forensics was taken back and forth between police and forensics.. this lady had a rap sheet of numerous offenses and it was never brought up at trial. It was never investiggated properly or it would be clear. This took place in Jan 05 and he was sentenced on May 08 and is still incarcerated. This man is locked up for no reason. How or where can we go from here to get justice. I have heard of interns and similars who like to take cases like this for studies. Can someone help please?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 4 years ago.

dkennedy :

I would like to help with this, but I need some further information. How long ago was he convicted? What has been done so far? An appeal?

A postconviction relief? A habeas action? It is very important to know these things so that I can give you an accurate and complete answer.

JACUSTOMER-ddfbj547- :

Sentenced may 14, 2008. File an appeal in September ,he filed Habeas in 2010, they said time limit was expired...he also field a rule 32..both of these were done by himself in prison.