Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

How much trouble can somebody get in for having 25c-nbome,

How much trouble can somebody get in for having 25c-nbome, which is a drug that is very similar to LSD but is unscheduled, if they told people that is was LSD and then one of the people who took it was found by the police and admitted to taking LSD? Also, how would the consequences be different if everybody involved is only 15?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Such a "drug" would fall under the Federal law 21 U.S.C. 813 which essentially prohibits any chemical "substantially similar" to an illegal drug in Schedule I or II to be treated as if it were also in Schedule I or II, but only if it is intended for human
consumption.

NC has a recent law that outlaws synthetic marijuana as well as synthetic and "designer" drugs. So the person could be charge under state law, as well as Federal law.

Under either law, a juvenile could be prosecuted and would either be placed on probation or adjudicated to spend time in a local Juvenile Detention Facility.

Please note that if you need more information, you can use the Reply to Expert to Continue the Conversation. Otherwise, I would appreciate positive ratings so that I get credit for my time and information. This will NOT close your question. It will remain active for future follow ups.

If you cannot see where to Rate me, please let me know so I can report it to the administrators of the site.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I didn't mean to click poor service but now I don't see how to go back and change it! Maybe after I do this reply thing. Also, if they don't find the person in possession of the drug, just somebody said they got it from them, can they do anything about it?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Usually, they need more than just one person's word. And what they do sometimes is under cover work. I would suggest that the person involved not be anymore involved at this time

This is a crime and with significant consequences as I noted.

I do appreciate that you want to rate me "good to excellent" and you should be able to do that now.

Thank you.

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.