Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I was arrested for a DUI in which I blew ZERO in 5 breath tests

Customer Question

I was arrested for a DUI in which I blew ZERO in 5 breath tests I want a copy of the police car tape and have been denied repeatedly to have it before trial I was also told the tape would be edited what are my CIVIL rights and is this common practice?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question!

I am sorry to learn of your experience. Please clarify: is an attorney representing you in your criminal case?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

public defender that has not yet passed the bar but SEEMS to want to fight for me BUT i was taken aback about the ability for the prosecuter to edit the tape

Thank you. Please clarify: how have you gone about trying to get a copy of the tape?