Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I am in Indiana on parole. I want to ask the court to.change

Customer Question

I am in Indiana on parole. I want to ask the court to.change one of the parole stipulations. Parole officer claims courts have no jurisdiction over me to do.this. How can I.challenge this in court as I believe the courts have some jurisdiction still.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 years ago.
Hello Jacustomer,

You are correct that courts still have some jurisdiction, but for the most part they do not disturb the policies of parole. An exception would be if Parole is clearly abusing the discretion that it has, which, given how much power they have in the first instance, is rarely the case. In most instances, a parolee is stuck with taking the matter up before the Parole Board.

You would need to contact a parole lawyer if you want to try to get your matter before the court, You can find one through the Indiana State Bar Association's LawyerReferral Service.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no information given that i didnt already know. waste of m

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 years ago.

Sometimes the most that anyone can do is to confirm the bad news that you already know. It doesn't make me wrong, and it sure doesn't make me a poor expert despite your rating of me.

Have a good weekend.