lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney

I need to know if a civil trial i have against the complainant

I need to know if a civil trial i have against the complainant in a criminal trial against me will be allowed to progress at the same time?
Thank you for posting your question to JA/Pearl. Legal questions often take time for research or I may be offline so please be patient, I will reply.

Criminal and civil cases are separate so they will each proceed independently of the other.
They will both progress at the same time. Does that make sense.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I know there are separate but could the defendant make a plea to the court for us NOT to proceed with the civil case right now?

The defendant could make a motion to stay the civil proceeding pending resolution of the criminal case. However, I don't know of any grounds for the judge to grant such a motion.
It would be unusual.