JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

I have texted a coworker 4 times (multiple texts) in 7 months.

I have texted a coworker 4 times (multiple texts) in 7 months. I no longer work there but the first three I was there. I never threatened her but most of it was about work and how much I hated it. One time I called her a bitch. The last time was last night and I went off on her about how my replacement was now three people. Once again, nothing really on her just venting. Is this grounds for her to do a harrassment lawsuit on me?
Welcome and thank you for your question!

Let me ask you this: did she ever tell you to stop texting her? And, if she did tell you, did you then stop?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes once she did then we made up and 2 more rounds have occured since then. she reported me to the hr and I got a reprimand but no write up coz it was off clock.

Thank you.

If she told you to stop but then you continued, yes, she could do a harassment lawsuit on you.

When a person is told to stop, they have to stop otherwise they are setting themselves up for problems.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

What are your options now?

If you wish to continue this conversation, click on the Reply tab.
If you are satisfied that I have answered your question, then please rate the answer with “excellent service” so that I receive credit for assisting you. Positive ratings are the only way I receive credit for assisting you today.

IF you feel the need to click either
"Helped a little" or "I expected more," then do not rate me (not yet, anyway!). Instead, reply to me using the REPLY tab. Specify what additional information you need and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thanks,
~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

But we were friends again and it was put behind us. Now I am freaking out because I remember the time in May. She has texted me back from May to August on various stuff. Does that count for something??

Oh sure it does. That is what's called a "dispute of material fact." If she were to sue, she would explain her side, you would explain yours, and it would be for a jury to decide what to make of it.

Just because she sues, it doesn't automatically mean she'd win.

~~ J.B.