Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

need to know about FOPP

Customer Question

need to know about FOPP
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

Hi

What is it you need to know? What information can I give you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to know about First offender prostitution program. does attending this program means i plead guilty or am convicted. if i go to attain it are they gonna ask me to plea guilty first and attend the class. it is in san francisco

Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Yes. You will need to plead guilty. Then they can enter you into the FOPP and it does involved classes and probation. But once you have completed everything, you go back to court and show the judge you were successful and the court will remove your guilty plea.

But you have to admit guilt and then proceed

Please note that if you need more information, you can use the Reply to Expert to Continue the Conversation. Otherwise, I would appreciate positive ratings so that I get credit for my time and information. This will NOT close your question. It will remain active for future follow ups.

If you cannot see where to Rate me, please let me know so I can report it to the administrators of the site.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how does it affect the asylum application that i was going to file? coz i have both immigration and criminal defense issue now?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

Hi

If you are being given an option to plead guilty, attend the class and probation and then the court will dismiss the plea of guilty and the matter dismissed there would be no affect.

HOWEVER, if you do not do as required as part of that deal, it will be a misdemeanor on your record and then you would have a problem.

Thank you.