Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

I recieved a second dui in north carolina in june of 2012.the

I recieved a second dui in north carolina in june of 2012.the first one was in florida in 2009 but the actual conviction was not until Jan 2010.Since these Dui's were in different states what can I expect?

Michael J, Esq. :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.

Michael J, Esq. :

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Were you charged with DUI 1st or DUI 2nd offense?

JACUSTOMER-pr49wp0i- :

first i accidentally put in the wrong email address but have the refrence numer.can i fix this?

JACUSTOMER-pr49wp0i- :

i havent been charged with the 2nd dui yet.my court date is september 4th

JACUSTOMER-pr49wp0i- :

i currently have been assigned a public defender

Michael J, Esq. :

What were you charged with is my question?

Michael J, Esq. :

You should have received a ticket on the scene with what you were being charged with.

Customer:

just a moment, its was driving while subject to a imparing substance and also without due caution and circumspection and a speed at or in manner as to endager persons

Michael J, Esq. :

Okay. What is your question in relation to that? It sounds like DUI 1st offense.

Customer:

no i recieved one in 2009 in fl, this one was in june 2012 in nc.what am i looking at as far as jail, and fines?

Michael J, Esq. :

Let me take a look at that statute, hold please.

Customer:

okay

Michael J, Esq. :

For a DUI 1st - 1 day jail, $200 fine, 60 days to 1 year license supsension. For DUI 2nd, 4 days jail, fines vary (possibly up to $1000), 1-4 years license suspension.

Customer:

im guessing the nite i spent in jail doesnt already count right?Also i accidentally sent my anser to the wrong email address buy i have the refrence number.Do you know how i can get it sent it to the right one?

Michael J, Esq. :

What do you mean sent you answer to the wrong email address?

Customer:

when i first put down my dollar deposit it said it sent the answer to my email address and if i was pleased id pay the rest but i accidentally had it sent to an email address that doesnt exist.or is this the answer and then i rate you?If it is what was sent to that non-existent address. guess im a little confused because it said Id be getting a response from a female attorney. sorry if im im confusing you now.

Michael J, Esq. :

Yes, I'm the attorney that is assisting you.

Michael J, Esq. :

Once we complete this conversation, you can rate me (hopefully highly) :)

Customer:

yes actually you have been quite helpful.Im on a waiting list for a rehabiltaion center for drugs/alcohol.Do you think this will help my situtation at all. Actually a bad may become available before my court date.

Customer:

*bed

Michael J, Esq. :

That won't change anything about the charge or the penalties unfortunately.

Customer:

okay, well i was hoping it would at least keep me outta jail. Anyway thank you.