Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Missisippi Attorney; Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury, and Civil Defense

i mailed in my Application to florida dept of agriculture on

i mailed in my Application to florida dept of agriculture on june 1st 2012.
my check was cashed june 12th
i received a letter july 16 stating i may not be eligable due to a felony arrest in NYS in 1985.

they asked for deposition.

i sent in certified copies that stated case was dropped to misdemeanor.

now florida is saying that they want to make sure it was not domestic. They said that the police dept has to send them info. I called the police dept and they said there was no domestic back in 85 and the records dont say anything or exist.

i called the dep of agriculture and they insisted that they are waiting for the arresting police dept to verify that this was not domestic.

do i have a chance on getting this permit? i am not a felon, it was not domestic. do they have to issue within 90 days or do i have to prove it was not domestic? i am at a loss and dont know what to do.

please help.

I am a pastor, a foster parent, a notary, and have purchased firearms without a glitch in florida.

Thanks
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Michael J, Esq. :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.

Customer:

thank you. i am a bit confused how this works..

Michael J, Esq. :

From your facts, there is nothing more you can do at this point. They need to make sure the arrest/misdemeanor was not domestic.

Michael J, Esq. :

If and when they makes sure of that, they will process your application.

Michael J, Esq. :

the department of agriculture is a large organization, it takes them a while to go through these types of processes, even though it seems like it should be quicker.

Customer:

just how wouold they do that? i requested arrest report under freedom Info act and they said it does not exist? my question is how long can florida drag this out

Customer:

and are they limited to the 90 day issue rule?

Michael J, Esq. :

How long can they drag it out? As long as they need to in order to verify what they are looking for.

Michael J, Esq. :

They can take as long as they need to verify your criminal background before hiring you.

Customer:

ok, so i guess i have to just wait. i thought there was a 90 day rule id i provided all info that was requested.

Customer:

im not looking to be hires, im trying to get my concealed carry liscence in Florida.

Customer:

dept of ag issues them

Customer:

this is not a job application.

Michael J, Esq. :

I'm sorry, that wasn't clear from the information.

Customer:

sorry

Michael J, Esq. :

The website specifically states that it may take longer than 90 days if criminal background info is involved.

Michael J, Esq. :

I hope that answers that question for you. :)

Michael J, Esq. :

Are you still there?

Customer:

records dont go back that far in the county i was arrested in. i guess ill just sit it out. i just dont understand how they could insist i prove not domestic.. ok have a good day..

Customer:

frustrating.

Michael J, Esq. :

I see you tried to "rate". Do you have any further questions before we conclude?

Michael J, Esq. :

I want to make sure you're satisfied. :)

Michael J, Esq. :

They aren't asking you to prove anything, they just need to verify it for themselves. Sometimes that takes time. Be patient for now, I think it will work out. :)

Michael J, Esq. :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,

Michael

Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Licensed Missisippi Attorney; Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury, and Civil Defense