Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Missisippi Attorney; Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury, and Civil Defense

Theres an group of individuals. they might be an security agency.

Theres an group of individuals. they might be an security agency. whom follows me around even if I go out of town. it seems they are defaming my name when i go into shopping places. like lowes, grocery stores, walmart. . it appears as though every employee is put on alert. the management sometimes leaves the building until after i depart. I asked the police to look into it. they refined. Is there anyway to remedy it.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Michael J, Esq. :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.

Customer:

hello sir

Michael J, Esq. :

Hello. I hope your day is well. Could you tell me who you think is following you and why they would be doing so?

Customer:

yes my delima is that I filed an law suite against an former employee and I believe they have hired an group to harrass me. The grop seems to be from oklalahoma by the plates,

Michael J, Esq. :

Would it be a private investigator perhaps?

Customer:

which is not far from my place of employment. also other vehicle are from dealership not far from the employer. I live about 30 minutes. Maybe bt why would they harrass me by defameing my name

Michael J, Esq. :

What evidence do you have of the defamation?

Customer:

are private investigators really that bad. Well everytime I enter an store about 5 min later all the employees are on alert. I guess could video tape there reactions

Michael J, Esq. :

That doesn't prove defamation. Also, they could be on alert for other reasons.

Michael J, Esq. :

Let me explain the law for you - since that's what I'm here for. :)

Michael J, Esq. :

As long as someone keeps a distance from you and does not interact with you, they are welcome to follow you. IF they begin to interact with you against you will, that becomes legal harassment, which you can file against them.

Customer:

yeah I thogh as much but in variuos stures the same circumstance and on different days

Michael J, Esq. :

For defamation, you would have to know exactly what was said about you and prove that it was untrue. This does not seem like a defamation situation.

Michael J, Esq. :

I very seriously doubt anyone is contacting stores about you.

Michael J, Esq. :

That would be too big of a task for any individual or group of individuals.

Customer:

and so its just harassment or am I too sinsitive

Michael J, Esq. :

It's not harassment AT THIS POINT.

Michael J, Esq. :

But you need to keep a watch to see if they approach you. Then you can file chargees.

Customer:

IF WHEN i GO TO THE MAIL OFFICE AND 5 CARS PULL UP THAT ARE ALL WHITE WITH TINTED WINDOWS EVERYTIME u GO AND STAY UNTIL i LEAVE. WHAT IS THAT. SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS

Michael J, Esq. :

I have no idea about that.

Customer:

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP SOMEONE WH

Michael J, Esq. :

NO problem. I'm here to help. :)

Michael J, Esq. :

I hope you figure everything out!

Customer:

OK

Michael J, Esq. :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,

Michael

Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Licensed Missisippi Attorney; Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury, and Civil Defense