Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

Im involved with a criminal investigation, that was made towards

I'm involved with a criminal investigation, that was made towards me regarding my children, by my ex wife. The accusation are false and I already spoke with the Division of Child protection and the police department... My question; Do I have the right to claim defamation of character knowing that my ex is, again, attempting to have me incarcerated, even though I have no civil nor criminal record in reference to Domestic violence or abuse of any kind..

Michael J, Esq. :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.

Customer:

Hello

Michael J, Esq. :

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, filing charges against you will not give rise to a claim for defamation. If you can prove there was absolutely no evidence, you may be able to file charges for filing a false report, but that is very hard to prove.

Customer:

Hmm... Okay, thank you for looking over my question and taking the time to assist me with an answer... i really appreciate it, take care.

Michael J, Esq. :

NO problem. Do you have any further questions??

Customer:

No... That was my only question. thank you

Michael J, Esq. :

Okay great. I really hope you have a good weekend.

Michael J, Esq. :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,

Michael

Customer:

Thank you.. you as well..