AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide
66829710

I have an ex girlfriend who had blocked calls and text.we had

I have an ex girlfriend who had blocked calls and text.we had some words over the phone and she and i both were angry.i have since tried to contact by email to apologize.what constitutes harassment in TN?

AttyCBradford :

Offenses like stalking and harassment can carry quite severe punishments. It is understandable if you are feeling nervous if you are facing charges like these. We know that the criminal court process can be frightening and we want to help put your mind at ease. Putting your confidence in an experienced and trustworthy firm is the first step in a positive court outcome.

Often with charges like this the two people involved had a close relationship. Perhaps what you saw as concern or affection was perceived in another way by the other person. Or maybe you were acting out of anger and jealousy and doing things out of character.

Whatever the case, we want to help. We have handled cases like this many times and want to know the details behind your situation. Call us to discuss the circumstances that led up to your charge.

Tennessee Harassment Laws & Penalties

Harassment is an act that is punishable by jail time. You may be facing this serious conviction if you intentionally:

1) Threaten to take illegal action against someone and by doing so place them in fear or annoys them;

2) Place harassing phone calls to someone and the calls cause fear or annoyance; or

3) Tell someone that a relative or other person has been injured or killed when you know this to be untrue.

Typically, harassment is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail and fines up to $2,500.

If, however, you were previously convicted of an offense and the harassing behavior is against the same victim, the charge is elevated to a Class E felony which is punishable by 1-6 years in prison.

AttyCBradford :

Here is the statute number TCA 39-17-308

AttyCBradford :

PLEASE NOTE: This is a PAID ANSWERING SERVICE. If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and rate my answer with a positive rating or I will not receive credit for my work. If you have additional questions please ask before leaving negative ratings Thank you

AttyCBradford :

I see that you have given me a negative rating when I have given you the exact statute you were asking for. Please accept the answer or ask an additional question