Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

hi i have a detective asking questions about my mom he ask

hi i have a detective asking questions about my mom he ask me if i take her money and use it for me.my mom give me money she is know in a nursin home should i talk to this detective...i lived in house for about 3yrs to help her out but she fell-down know the doctors say she can't go home
bill

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

There is no legal obligation to talk to the police simply because they ask you to. You are free to refuse. You can also call around and find a lawyer who will attend the discussion with you, if you want to talk to them. A lot of people believe that they can talk their way out of trouble, or it'll be OK because they don't have anything to hide, but police are very good at tripping people up, confusing them, and using it against them later. So, it's often not a good idea to speak with the police voluntarily if they are investigating you.

Please rate my service before signing out, as this is the only way that I get credit for the time I spend helping you. I hope that you are 100% satisfied - if not, please click "reply" so that we may continue the conversation. Good luck.