How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1204
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hit & run victim / possible gang related. ciminal left car plate

This answer was rated:

hit & run victim / possible gang related. ciminal left car plate at scene. victim suffered pain & lost work days. the victim's vechicle is totaled. should the victim hire lawyer since the victim only has liability insurance w/ uninsured motorist & no collision coverage. victim was informed by police that it may be gang related.

Thelawman2 :

Yes, if a person wishes to recover damages as a result of a car accident and the defendant has no insurance, they should hire a lawyer to personally sue the driver who caused the accident. However, if this is gang-related, the person should discuss with the lawyer their safety concerns and possibly discussing things with the police. If the person fears gang retaliation, it might not be worth the possible risk to life to get the money. These are all things a local lawyer can discuss with you.

JACUSTOMER-05j1wmpk- :
JACUSTOMER-05j1wmpk- :

victim had contacted the car insurance agent & was advise to wait to see if the criminal has any type of car insurance before hiring an attorney. is this sounds right?

JACUSTOMER-05j1wmpk- :
Thelawman2 and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Yes that does sound correct.