lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney

I was wrongly accused by a new buyer on eBay of selling her

I was wrongly accused by a new buyer on eBay of selling her a fake Louis Vuitton bag. I told her to take the bag to Louis Vuitton to have the proof that the bag is authentic. I also told her to authenticate the bag on line for free. But she refused to do it and went ahead filing a dispute with eBay. In the meantime she left me a negative feedback stated I sold fake LOuis VUitton. I am a Top Rated Seller on eBay, has 100% feedback of over 2000 from happy customer, I only selling authentic name brand such as Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Chanel handbags. Of course eBay sided with the Buyer, Buyer asked to returned the item.
Instead of getting my bag back, this scammer Buyer sent me an envelope with bunch of used plastic bag! eBay then took my money away via Paypal to reimbursed this scammer Buyer, since delivery confirmation showed delivered! What can I do with this scammer-someone can't just get away with this. I can't take her to court, I am in DC and she is in FL.
My main concern is, my potential buyers now see the negative feedback this scammer left me on eBay, and this will impact my business, as I am wrongly accused of selling a fake bag! eBay would not help, unless I have a court order to remove the feedback. What can I do?
Thank you
Thank you for posting your question to JA/Pearl. Legal questions often take time for research or I may be offline so please be patient, I will reply.

Unfortunately this is one of the risks of being in business. You can file a small claims lawsuit against the person. It is likely that she will not show up or file an answer so you will get a default judgment that you can show to Ebay. Often the court will allow you to appear by telephone so you do not have the expense of a trip to Florida or schedule the hearing during your vacation. That is your only legal recourse in a situation such as this.