Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I was talking to 16 year old girl from New York and she told me that she would want to hav

Customer Question

I was talking to 16 year old girl from New York and she told me that she would want to have sex with me and that she was touching herself. I answered and said that I was doing the same thing. Then, i planned on calling her, but told her that this was not a good idea and that she should find someone else her age. Now, she emailed me and said that i am guilty of being a pedophile and that unless I pay her 500dollars through paypal, she will get the cops on me. What should i do?

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 4 years ago.

Thelawman2 :

Thank you for your question, I will have an answer shortly.

Thelawman2 :

A person who contacts a minor with the intention of having sexual relations with them would be guilty of attempted statutory rape. Even if the act is never further acted upon, the original reason for contacting the minor is what is important. A person would have to know or reasonably should know that the person is a minor though before the communications began. If the communication began, then the person found out it was a minor and stated that they should not talk anymore, then they would not be guilty.

Thelawman2 :

I suggest contacting a local lawyer to handle this situation.