AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide

Dec.15 2010 i was found in possession of a firearm that was

Customer Question

Dec.15 2010 i was found in possession of a firearm that was locked in a safe belonging to me but my spouse had the key cause the gun was his .me being a felon.the gun did not work it is old and the firing pin needed replaced.And having to send away for replacement pin.and law in 2010 reads it has to be in working order and law in 2012 reads it just had to at one time be able to fire a bullet but this makes my drug charges go from crimes with just jail time to all classed at commercial drug crimes with sentencing guide lines being prison time of 2 to 5 yrs or more and being found guilty of them all for counts. and my lawyer told me we had it licked on the gun charge so i would proble just do probation and drug classes some fines and weekends in jail if any jail at all to now prison time only and there throwing away the key .i have changed my life scence got in trouble in 2010 going to church going to bmcc to get G.E.D with grant awaiting me to futher my schooling to be a medical billest transcriber having a home 3dogs 4cats the sol provider for my elderly mom of 78 with many medical problems .been active in church and n.a program on my own and have been clean of meth for 8 months now.and im scared to death i dont belong in prison and cant not do small spaces being treated for depression an ansiety and if prison is my only answear then please put a bullet in my head now ,save me the task please,cause thats my only answear at this time ...please help me this is my life please thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 1 year ago.

AttyCBradford :

you need to file an appeal and appeal the case, you shouldn't be held to a standard of 2012 if you were convicted in 2010

AttyCBradford :

PLEASE NOTE: This is a PAID ANSWERING SERVICE. If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and rate my answer with a positive rating or I will not receive credit for my work. If you have additional questions please ask before leaving negative ratings Thank you XXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX AND PROVIDE POSITIVE FEEDBACK OR ASK AN ADDITIONAL QUESTION

AttyCBradford :

I see that you have not accepted this answer. If you don't have any additional questions please accept this answer so that I can get credit for my work. This is a paid answering service

AttyCBradford :

PLEASE NOTE: This is a PAID ANSWERING SERVICE. If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and rate my answer with a positive rating or I will not receive credit for my work. If you have additional questions please ask before leaving negative ratings Thank you