How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my fiance is currently being held at OPP in lieu of a no bond

This answer was rated:

my fiance is currently being held at OPP in lieu of a no bond warrant issued in 2002 for fines and fees not paid due to a 1at offense possesion arrest. he has a court date scheduled for 8-03-12. i need to know what the possible outcome would be and/or if i paid the 546.00 fine would he be released without having to go to court?
Welcome and thank you for your question!

I am sorry to learn of your experience. Please clarify: did the court clerk confirm that the only money due/unpaid is $546?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. He will have to go to court no matter what. That's what no bond means. He most certainly will have to pay the $546. You can go to the court and pay that, now, if you want to. It will put him in the best possible light for the judge.

The judge will also have the discretion to punish him for contempt for ignoring the past court order. That punishment may result in an increased fine amount (it may not, but it could).

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

What are your options now?

If you wish to continue this conversation, click on the Reply tab.
If you are satisfied that I have answered your question, then please rate the answer with “excellent service” so that I receive credit for assisting you. Positive ratings are the only way I receive credit for assisting you today.

IF you feel the need to click either
"Helped a little" or "I expected more," then do not rate me (not yet, anyway!). Instead, reply to me using the REPLY tab. Specify what additional information you need and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

~~ J.B.
JB Umphrey and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you