Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

My daughter is in the Lane Murray Unit in Gatesville Texas. She was ch

My daughter is in the Lane Murray Unit in Gatesville Texas. She was charged with FRAUD POSS C/SUB SCRIPT III/IV . She was granted parole I believe in early May, I am not sure of the exact date, but it was around that time. She is an FI 3. She is currently enrolled in her "Changes" class there at the Murray unit and still needs 79 hours of class time to graduate from that class. It is my understanding that the "Changes " class is for pre-release. She is paroleing to my sister and the state has already come by her home 3 times to check out things. When do you think my daughter will be released?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hi

She will need to totally complete those 79 hours. So it will depend on how many hours a day and how many days a week she is taking those classes. With that in mind and absent any infractions that could reduce her good conduct credits, I suggest it could be on or about the week of September 3rd. That would be based on 4 hours a day, every day to complete the 79 hours and then finalize the paperwork for her release.

Please note that if you need more information, you can use the Reply to Expert to Continue the Conversation. Otherwise, I would appreciate positive ratings so that I get credit for my time and information. This will NOT close your question. It will remain active for future follow ups.

If you cannot see where to Rate me, please let me know so I can report it to the administrators of the site.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Her classes are 3 hours and 15 minutes per day. She just started her changes classes yesterday (tuesday July 31) She sprained her ankle Monday while working in the field and since she asked to go to the nurse and was not given a medical lay out, they gave her a "small case" today for not toughing it out and working the last 40 minutes of her work day. shea has never had any "cases" at all until today. Do you still think they will release her in September due to her FI3 status? Doesnt the "3" mean that she has to stay in prison 3 months after her parole date approval? I am so confused. Thanks for your help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,Her classes are 3 hours and 15 minutes per day. She just started her changes classes yesterday (tuesday July 31) She sprained her ankle Monday while working in the field and since she asked to go to the nurse and was not given a medical lay out, they gave her a "small case" today for not toughing it out and working the last 40 minutes of her work day. shea has never had any "cases" at all until today. Do you still think they will release her in September due to her FI3 status? Doesnt the "3" mean that she has to stay in prison 3 months after her parole date approval? I am so confused. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hi

I still think the release date will be in September. With the set back it may be extended to the week of the 10 or the 17. But they really should not be going beyond the Parole release date given if she completes everything.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As her mother, is there any way I can find out what parole date she was given? Don't they have to give her a copy of the parole boards answer, that has to have a release date on it, am I correct?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hi

She should have gotten a copy of the Parole Board's decision, yes. But sometimes, they are told to put it away and not share it with anyone as sometimes other inmates can get jealous that they are not getting out. However, you can certainly call the Parole Board and find out what happened at her hearing as that is public information.

Here is the contact information for you

Use that link to locate the Office in her area

Thank you.
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.