Stevexo
Stevexo, Criminal Attorney
Experience:  Thirty years Criminal Defense
10069793

i am in a conditional discharge, for a criminal mischief in

i am in a conditional discharge, for a criminal mischief in the third degree. pled guilty to criminal possession of stolen property in fourth degree. my question are this will be im my record for long and If leave the country I would have problem coming back? Thank you very much
Steven T Greene Esq. Qualified as an expert in Criminal Law,30 years of Criminal Defense trial work. Hi glad to help. I hate to give this new, but i am here as a professional to tell you the truth. Nothing could be worse than incorrect advice that you act on. The two charges are always going to show on your record. It is the same for anyone that is not able to seal or expunge their record. It does not appear that you could get a sealing or expunction and thus your record is always going to show. People that tell you that with the passage of time offenses drop off are not correct. If you are a US citizen and you are not in violation of your conditional discharge, and it is not against the regulations of the discharge then you should have no problem leaving and coming in and out of the US. If not a citizen then it could cause you real problems as you could be subject to deportation due to the felonies. I would be very hesitant to leave if I was not a citizen. Sincerely, Steve