Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

alright y ELy last question.....i have a prescription for oxycodone

alright y ELy last question.....i have a prescription for oxycodone 30 mg. amount in bottle limits 30. now the bottle was filled this past February, and i use it to carry around my medication if i need it.....havent used them ALL YET...but here is my question the bottle is pretty raggedy my name u can barely read etc etc....if i get pulled over is this an issue? and is their an expiration on the bottle/prescription?

Apologies for the wait.

Yes, it is. The police are likely to see this as a fake bottle, or a bottle an Rx label that has been tampered with, if you are ever stopped.

While this would be cleared up eventually, do you really want to risk arrest or perhaps detention while it is?

To avoid such a possibility, stop by your pharmacy and ask the pharmacy technician to reprint your label for you - they can do this for free. Then you simply use a new bottle with the new copy of the old label and put your pills in there.

Problem solved.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i can simply go to the pharmacy and ask him to reprint a label, for something that is 9 months old?
Sure - why not? Pharmacies replace labels all the time; if you lose the bottle, etc. And they generally do not charge you for it, either.