Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

my wife was arrested in california three days agofor a bench

Customer Question

my wife was arrested in california three days agofor a bench warrant fugitive from justice warrant is there any way to pay wyoming the full bond or california im having huge issues with this matter
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark for future questions.

Typically when arrested on a fugitive warrant a bond is set in the state where the person is picked up, pending the scheduling of the extradition hearing. The bond is usually high. The next task is finding a bonding company willing to make the bond. If you can make it, that's great. Otherwise she is going to remain in custody until she is transported back to the state of the originating warrant, at which time bond can be made there.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is the bond usually set at
Expert:  Nate replied 4 years ago.
It depends on the particular judge, but they can be around $100,000.00, which means you need 10% with a bonding company to make the bond.