JPEsq., Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Experience as Criminal Defense Attorney and criminal law professor

Can you be violated or detained while on probation when you

Can you be violated or detained while on probation when you haven't been convicted of a crime, just accused? (In Louisiana)

Generally yes. It depends on your probation terms, but generally speaking, most terms state that it is a violation to be arrested or if probably cause exists to believe you committed another crime.

That said, the judge almost never revokes the probation until after the new charge is resolved. In fact, I have never seen it happen. I have seen people held, but the probation revocation hearing is almost always set for a date after the resolution of the new charge. If the new charge is dismissed, most likely the probation will not be revoked.