ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

How long will I go to jail for violating probation 3 years

How long will I go to jail for violating probation 3 years ago for a dui.And haven't been caught. But want to get this resolved

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

How long was your probation for, how long after you were assessed probation did you violate it, and what was the specific violation?

Customer: It was 6 months into my 1 year probation. I was in a bad spot at the time and I never returned to probation. But I did a background check on my self and nothing came up about my charge
ScottyMacEsq :

So to be clear, you didn't report in to your probation officer?

Customer: Yes
ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you. One moment please while I research this, and will get back to you shortly...

Customer: Ok thanks
ScottyMacEsq :

There is no statute of limitations for a probation violation IF the government (Probation officer and Judge) do the paperwork properly to "toll" (stop) your probation. Now most of the time in short term (<1 year left on probation) they don't even bother. Your best bet would be to contact the court and try to find out if your probation time period was tolled in this situation. You can also ask if an arrest warrant was issued. If they say no (especially on the first one) then there's nothing they can do.

Customer: Ok thank u
ScottyMacEsq :

They would have to revoke probation during probation OR toll the probation to send you back to jail.

ScottyMacEsq :

The first didn't happen, and it doesn't sound like the second would. And in that instance, you would be home free.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!

ScottyMacEsq :

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

ScottyMacEsq :

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

ScottyMacEsq :

If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!

ScottyMacEsq :

Are you still there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response.

ScottyMacEsq :

Please respond. I am patiently waiting, but there are other customers that are awaiting an answer to their questions, and I only get credit for questions answered AND accepted, not how long I spend on a question.

ScottyMacEsq :

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If there is something else that I can help you with, please let me know. Please note that I do not get any credit for the time (>30 minutes) and effort I spent on this (or any question) unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!.

ScottyMacEsq :

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!