Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
11217539

My daughter was charged with public exposure, 245.01 in Manhattan.

My daughter was charged with public exposure, 245.01 in Manhattan. She has never been in trouble before, what is the possible punishment or fine?
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark www.nateanswers.com for future questions.

Technically, she could be sentenced up to 15 days in jail for a violation such as Public Exposure. That's not going to happen, though. She has no record.

The maximum fine is $250.00. She may get the maximum fine and perhaps some community service time to fulfill, but that likely will be all there is to the punishment.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.  IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces.  If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Should we get an attorney? Will she have a criminal record?
It's always good to have an attorney, but since she has no record there is no real chance of jail time.

Violations like this in New York are not viewed as criminal, so she will not have a record from this.

If you have further questions, please feel free to continue. If not, please do remember to leave a positive rating for my assistance today.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I can breath now, I will select your rating now.

No problem at all. She'll be fine.

Thanks!