TexCrimLawyer, J.D.
TexCrimLawyer, J.D., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in state and federal criminal litigation.
45002201

if i were facing felony hit and run and dwi charges in texas

if i were facing felony hit and run and dwi charges in texas and could show that the DA and the police were acting inappropriately could i get off?

I think the wife of a police officer may be involved in a facebook page and may have gotten information about me and the case to post for the public.

If I couldnt get actual proof could the judge still decide on some kind of mistrial or something?

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

Just so I have this correct, the wife of one of the officers posted information about you on a facebook page?

Customer: maybe the wife of an officer for the city where it happened
TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

A judge can dismiss a case because of outrageous police or prosecutor conduct, but in every case I am aware of (and there aren't many), it was something they did in relation to the investigation or prosecution of the case itself.

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

I'm not aware of any case in Texas in which a case was dismissed for outrageous police conduct based on something a relative of one of the officers did.

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

In my opinion, what you've described so far is not likely to benefit your case in a meaningful way.

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

There may be an internal affairs issue with the police department, but it is not going to impact your case.

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

Sorry for the bad news, but I can only give you an honest assessment of your case.

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

Do you have any questions?

Customer:

Not bad news at all as I am actually not the defendant.

Customer:

I do have some other questions relating to this case though as was hoping to get you to answer them as well. y