How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal-Guru Your Own Question
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1366
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Legal-Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son and his wife have been teaching overseas and he and

This answer was rated:

My son and his wife have been teaching overseas and he and his family were coming back through Customs in a large Texas airport when he was arrested for Grand Larceny. He was taken to jail. Apparently, an old business partner filed against him. What is his next step to get this settled and will this prevent him from returning to work overseas in 6 weeks?
He needs to hire a lawyer ASAP if he has not already done so. He will be arraigned on the charges which is just an initial court appearance. Bond will be set if it has not already been and he will receive a new court date where his attorney and the prosecutor can negotiate the case.

Regarding his travel that depends on the conditions of bond imposed by the judge. Unless his travel is restricted by order of the court or by his contract with his bondsman, then he is free to travel anywhere so long as he makes all of his court dates.
Legal-Guru and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you