Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I had my case expunged, was not charged with anything, no previous

I had my case expunged, was not charged with anything, no previous records, Duval County. How can I get my name removed of of all these private databases.
This is a daunting task, since there is no one central repository to contact to get them all removed. This means you have to send a letter with a copy of the expungement order to each of these private databases individually and demand removal. If they refuse to correct their records, then you would have to sue for defamation and seek the removal of the records through legal action. Most of the databases will comply with your removal demand upon your proof of the expungement.

PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON EVEN IF THE FEEDBACK SAYS NEED MORE OR HELPED A LITTLE, THIS IS NOT HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION.

PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “GREAT” SERVICE

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted to use the REPLY button and we are happy to continue working with you to get you all of the information you require.

Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I was able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Please click the top THREE POSITIVE FACES so that we can get good feedback for working with you.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what are the private databases
These private databases are private companies who have obtained information through their accessing public records, which is where they obtained your information. Once they have obtained the public information they publish it on these private sites for background checks. As these are individual private companies, you have to notify each one separately. There are hundreds of these private background databases such as Intellus.com, Acxiom.com, Spokeo.com, Zabasearch.com, Peekyou.com, beenverified.com, USsearch.com, peoplefinders.com

You need to go to each of these sites and they each have a process on the site to seek to have records removed.