Stevexo, Criminal Attorney
Experience:  Thirty years Criminal Defense

If I am granted full reinstatement of driving privileges by

If I am granted full reinstatement of driving privileges by the Illinois Secretary of State, can they still make me install a BAIID breathalyzer unit on my vehicle?
Steven T Greene Esq. Qualified as an expert in Criminal Law,30 years of Criminal Defense trial work. Illinois is one of the only states that require this interlock device for even a first DUI. But in Illinois if you have gotten your driving privilege restored and you now have a regular drivers license and not a monitored device driving permit, you are not subject to the requirement to have this device. The bureau should have made this clear to you upon getting back your regular license. Thus because you now do not have a restricted license you do not need the device. Sincerely, Steve