Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

if a person is on parole in new york state, and commits a crime

if a person is on parole in new york state, and commits a crime , and is incarcerated in a federal penitenary, is there a way to serve the parole violation time, while serving the federal time?
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark for future questions.

It is certainly possible but not necessarily guaranteed. Once the federal case is completed, he person would need a lawyer to get the state of New York to make a request for the person so that the parole violation can be resolved. The federal government does NOT have to honor that request, however. It is entirely possible for the person to do the federal time and then face the state parole violation.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.  IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces.  If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What I am asking is can the new york parole violation be satisfied, while in the fedeal facility? not after.

That's actually what I was answering. The person would have to be taken into state custody so that the parole board could put their sentence into effect. They would then potentially be able to have the sentences run together. There is no guarantee the Bureau of Prisons of the federal government will honor that request, however.