Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

went into santa rosa jail regarding a ticket 3 days later

went into santa rosa jail regarding a ticket 3 days later i was rushed to phyc ward with major damage to my mental an physical being . first time in jail.2 weeks later came home crippled.. please we need help
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark www.nateanswers.com for future questions.

What happened in jail that caused the reaction you described?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i take anxiety meds per dr. in jail they give you their own.they moved me to gereal population area. stop my meds. i became stressed. they in turn stripped place me naked in a stright jacket had me bound tightly wrist an anckles to a chair. the dr said that caused my muscles through out my. body to get dammaged.without my meds and endourin pain an the six officers pepperspraying.after several days they decided to send me to hospital.dr diognnouse me with post tramaic stress syndrome
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Based on your description of what occurred it sounds as though you have experienced a violation of your civil rights from denial of proper medical care and possibly an excessive use of force against you. However, the actual physical evidence and witness testimony will have to be further investigated to make the appropriate final determination on that. You need to start by getting to a local criminal law attorney and fighting the charges against you. Second, you need to take the evidence of the denial of medication, the denial of your medical care, their actions causing you injury together with medical reports relating those injuries to the treatment in the jail to a local civil rights attorney which you can find at http://www.martindale.com

These cases are difficult and do require physical examination of the evidence to make a proper determination, but certainly from what you describe you do appear to have a legal basis for your claims against them.

PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON EVEN IF THE FEEDBACK SAYS NEED MORE OR HELPED A LITTLE, THIS IS NOT HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION.

PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “GREAT” SERVICE

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted to use the REPLY button and we are happy to continue working with you to get you all of the information you require.

Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I was able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Please click the top THREE POSITIVE FACES so that we can get good feedback for working with you.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience