RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

can a felony conviction for habitual violation (traffic) be

can a felony conviction for habitual violation (traffic) be expunged in the state of Georgia? No violence, no injury to others, etc. involved.

Thank you for your question today. I appreciate your patience while I responded to you. Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", PLEASE STOP and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Unfortunately, no. Every state makes their own laws on the expunging/sealing of records, and Georgia's laws are rather limiting in that respect. In Georgia, a person is eligible for expungement only when:

1. A person can show their records are inaccurate or incomplete.

2. A person with no conviction because charges disposed of or dismissed, has no charges pending, and has been not convicted of anything in U.S. in last five years, excluding incarceration time.

3. A juvenile if a petition alleging delinquency is not filed, or the proceedings are dismissed after either a petition is filed, or the case is transferred to the juvenile court as provided in Code Section 15-11-30.4, or the child is adjudicated not to be a delinquent child.

Your only option would be to apply for a pardon. While it will not expunge your record if granted, it is attached to your criminal history, and you could tell persons that the charge(s) were pardoned. You must wait 5 years from final completion of any sentence (parole, probation, all fines paid, etc) before applying.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!