Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

how do i fight dhs ,,they have put a hold on my wifes and

Customer Question

how do i fight dhs ,,they have put a hold on my wife's and my money market account's.
i have child support taken from my paycheck every week .i have arrears and set up a payment plan with dhs and it has been applied to my monthly payment ..and i have been making these payments for the last five yrs ..i was recently off due to back surgery, i called dhs and advised them of this and that I could be off up to 6 months, they said that the missed payments would be added to the arrears. i returned to work after 3 months and deductions for the child support have picked up.what do we to stop them from taking what we have worked so hard to save ,,and there was a great deal of that savings that was a gift to my wife from her grand father ,,

the only notification we received of this was a call from our Financial Adviser, we have not contributed to this account since February due to the reduced income while on STD and since I have been back to work we are playing catch up. we have called the first of every month to notify them of whether or not we could make the contribution on the 7th. this month we cannot but when she tried to cancel the withdrawal, she couldn't due to the hold.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 4 years ago.

I will be very happy to try and help you today!

What is the actual name of the notice your financial adviser received?

What is the name of the Court that issued the hold on the account?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Join thousands of satisfied customers by adding me to your bookmarks/favorites: LawInfoNow. Just type your future question in the text box to direct it to my personal attention.

Register Here

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we don not know the name on the notice ,,or the court that issued when i called dhs customer service number ,,the same number that i call anytime i need to notify them ,,they advised me that the dhs attorney would be in touch ,,as of this daywe have no information ,,the only way we found out was thru our financial advisor ,,the secetary that we know therethat is our contact ,,

Hi again,

Thanks for writing back so promptly.

Unfortunately, without knowing those details, nothing can be said, meaning the appropriate course of action depends upon know those relevant details.

Would you be interested in finding out tomorrow (Monday) and writing back? If so, I would be glad to continue our conversation then.

Please just let me know what you prefer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
tomorrow will you be avaliable or will i need to start this conversation over with another attorney ,,i had planed to make some calls monday morning but we didnt know whitch direction to go ,,we are lost and feel like we are being bullyed by a big kid at grade school ,,i have been working hard to do the rite thing and just caint get a break with these people on my own ,,im not a dead beat dad i have been paying my way for a long time ,,and just dont feel like handing over what my wife and i have been working hard to put up these days ,

Hi there,

Sure, you bet, I shall be online and available tomorrow.

Please just write back at your convenience and I will be happy to try my best to help out.

Thanks again!