Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

I work at a weight loss center

I work at a weight loss center that has a Physician that comes in one day a week for consultations for our weight loss clients. He is there for only about an hour or so.  We also offer Vitamin B12 and Lipoplex shots. Is it legal in the state of Maryland for someone who is not licensed or certified to administer these shots?

Giving medical injections is limited to MD's, RN's, LPN's. Medical assistants cannot give any type of injection in Maryland

Therefore, if the persons administering are not licensed in those categories, they cannot give any shot of any kind as that is an "injection"

I suggest if this is happening, you may want to report the matter to the Maryland Board of Physicians

Please note if you have other questions use the REPLY to EXPERT to Continue the Conversation . Otherwise, please give a positive rating. This will NOT close your question and it will be available for future follow up

Thank you