CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca
CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed since 1985 representing those accused of crime.
66957101

Thank you for your response. I have written to these people

Thank you for your response. I have written to these people to no avail and police will not take action. I do not want to get a harrassment or other charge for capturing evidence or anything, so would it be legal to capture a photo of them every so often. I will be filing a complaint in court tomorrow and want to bring a few pictures of the license plate with me as proof. Is this permissable in capturing photos license plates as it is the only evidence I can obtain. I do not want to risk having my home used for other means by other people.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca replied 2 years ago.

CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca :

Hi and thanks for your question. GIve me just a sec to answer. If you have any questions after reading my answer, please let me know.

CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca :

You can take a photo as long as it does not interfere with them and does not constitute harassment of them.

CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca :

I don't know what you mean about risking having your home used for other means by other people.

CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca :

You can't go, for example, up to the window of their home and take a photo of them inside.

CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca :

Or do anything that might be considered harassment.

CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca :

Better practice would be to hire a private investigator, tell him/her the problem, and ask them to help you collect evidence.

CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca :

Also better to go to a private lawyer and ask for help going to court.

CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca :

You can probably get a low cost consultation through your local bar association.

CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca :

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask but please do so my clicking on the Reply to Expert tab.

We work for Positive Ratings, please click on one of the top three ratings or one of the Smile Faces, as this would be appreciated. We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not necessarily whether you like the information that you are receiving. Please bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information.

PLEASE do not use the rating system to ask for more information or in an attempt to tell the website that you didn’t like the substance of the answer as it gives a bad rating to me personally if your rating is one of the lower two.

I'd really love to know that I helped you, and earn your positive rating.

Thanks very much.

Customer:
CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed since 1985 representing those accused of crime.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Kinda creepy to say going up to the window to snap a photo of the occupants. That sounds like peeping or stalking. I only want to show a truck registered to my cul-de-sac and taking pictures of that being used with my address. Seems like it could be attached to property if insurance scammers can do something like that. Also thought MVA s had laws in place so people would use thier own residences
Well I surely didn't mean to be creepy - I just wanted to be sure you knew there are limits... You can take a photo of the truck and use that if it will help, and it just might.

I don't know what your last line means, " thought MVA s had laws in place so people would use thier own residences"

Let me know so I can help. Thanks.
Let me know if you got the information you needed. You can let me know by clicking the accept button and giving a positive rating. My fav is the Great service one.

If you need more information or feel like I haven't given enough information please continue the conversation.

Thanks very much.

Best of luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you! After speaking with an atty, we should be fine. Problem is the previous owners/renters lost thier home. I purchased it and discovered that they still held my new home as being thier motor vehicle. registered address whihc I was under the impression the motor vehicle depart required address change within a specified period after moving. I initiated a complaint for change them to change and they told me that i am harrassing and stalking them and will complain aginst me. After filing a complaint in court for them using my address, i saw their truck at a place of business and took a few pictures of thier plates on different dates to show they refused to or would not change the tags on the truck for evidence to take to court.

Seems harmless thinking at first, for them to keep using thier old addres but i worry if they chose to pull a insurance accident scam or something, that my new home could possibly be attached if they have insuffiencient or no accident insurance on thier trucks.

I only wanted to know if my rights to protect my home and its interest are my constitutional rights in place, to gather evidence for court if they claim harrassment or something. Through a neighbor, I became aware of their failing to change the address on their driving records. It worries me that they can continue to do this when it is so cheap to change or update theri motor vehcle records. Why would they not change after 33 days

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,

I don't know why they wouldn't change the address unless they have some ulterior motive of which we are unaware. I think you are smart to get this straightened out. I am really pleased that you talked to a local attorney that should be familiar with how things are done in your specific jurisdiction.

Good luck, and let me know!
CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca, Lawyer
Let me know how this went. Good luck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Apologies for the delayed reply. The DA dismissed the charge due to multiple lies and false witnesses the woman tried to build. Sure would love to show that that woman is a clear Sociopath in a court of law but will settle for an order for all of them to stay-away. The legal reason I understand her to offer was "Well, I used to live there". That was the reason (motive still suspect but not a concern any longer).

There are some real twisted, users and abusers in society and they all walk and talk like normal, genuine and responsible citizens.

Well, that chapter is over and there are no further interests of the DA with this matter. Liars wear many faces but Ido trust the legal system to sort it all out. Just hate that I had to spend money to defend against something that was clearly manipulative and deceitful

Thanks for letting me know what happened! It sounds like it all worked out in the end. Good job on your part!

Sometimes people in your situation get a restraining order, which often just helps avoid further problems. Your local sheriff or police, or your local lawyer can help you do that.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best of luck,
Mary
CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca, Lawyer