CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  8+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

i have been broughtr up on two charges one harressment due

i have been broughtr up on two charge's one harressment due to my twiter acct that my neighbor say's threatens her and second stalking, she has said on many ocassion's i have come out of my house to to find her and confront her at our dumpster and mailbox. 5 time's the police have been called after these charge's were filed and they found no proof of her call's so nothing happened we both were talken too and told to try and rememdy the situation. how do i defend my self in court against liars. these event's never happened, i did use twiter for a journel to vent because i suffer from anxiety a condition this neighbor clearly know's about. and i put some thing's down. i go 7/10/XXXXXto see about my app for public defender. is there anything else i should be doing.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. The State has the burden of proof in a criminal case, to prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. The defendant does not have to prove their innocence. If the State lacked the necessary evidence to proceed to trial and is unable to prove their case, the charges are likely to be dismissed or amended to something, which the evidence can support. It is possible that your attorney will want your to testify or provide them with any evidence you may have, to support your position, so you should gather it and let them review it, once they are appointed. Prior to July 10th, you want to stay away from your neighbor and do not get involved with them any longer.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or
need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Please remember to only
rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click
either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the
" REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION " button. I want to make sure your experience
with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with
the help I provided. If you have nothing
further, please rate my answer with 3, 4 or 5 faces/stars, so I can get credit
for my help - I hope you found it to be Excellent! Please let me know if you
are having any problems rating my answer on the site.

CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience: 8+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.