How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Four years ago my daughter was convicted of two felons in West

Resolved Question:

Four years ago my daughter was convicted of two felons in West Virginia: conspiracy to commit armed robbery and conspiracy to distribute illegal drugs. These felonies make it difficult for her to find work.

What steps can she take to have these felonies removed from her record.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question.
Unfortunately, people who have been convicted of felonies are not eligible for expungement in West Virginia unless they receive a pardon. Therefore, to clear her record, your daughter would need to petition for (and receive) a pardon. If pardoned, an expungement can be granted to clear her record as well. You can read more about pardons and clemency here:
AttorneyTom and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you