AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

Four years ago my daughter was convicted of two felons in West

Four years ago my daughter was convicted of two felons in West Virginia: conspiracy to commit armed robbery and conspiracy to distribute illegal drugs. These felonies make it difficult for her to find work.

What steps can she take to have these felonies removed from her record.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question.
Unfortunately, people who have been convicted of felonies are not eligible for expungement in West Virginia unless they receive a pardon. Therefore, to clear her record, your daughter would need to petition for (and receive) a pardon. If pardoned, an expungement can be granted to clear her record as well. You can read more about pardons and clemency here: