AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.

I caught in shoplifting give me some advise

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 years ago.
Hello Jacustomer,

If this is the first time that you have ever been arrested, the odds are very good that you will be offered a special kind of dispositon which will keep this offense off of your record. If this is your second time that you have been charged with this crime, you can't get a diversion program again, but your lawyer should be able to get you a deal that will keep you out of jail. You don't want to do this a third time tough, because once you start looking like a repeat offender, jail will be a real possibility.

If you can afford to hire a lawyer, have him with you on your court date so he can advise you of what you need to know to make intelligent decisions about your case. If you cannot afford a lawyer, then when you go to court, plead not guilty and ask the judge to appoint you a free lawyer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I hired the lawyer do I have to go to the court give me advise what could happen
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not want to tell my husband he was sick do I have to go to court if I hired the lawyer change save me to go to jail
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not want to tell my husband he was sick do I have to go to court if I hired the lawyer save me to go to jail give me advise
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello, If you hired a lawyer, you should do what your lawyer tells you. If he says that you will have to appear in court you should listen to him, because if he cannot tell the judge where you are, a warrant will issue for your arrest. Sometimes if you hire a lawyer and the lawyer appears you will not have to, but it all depends on what the case is calendared for. You need to ask your lawyer.
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your inquiry! I have been practicing Criminal law for 17+ years and have specific experience with issues like yours. That being said...

I agree with your prior expert's answer. Was there a question you had, perhaps, that you didn't clarify, by mistake? Please specify so we can assist you and so you are very satisified with our efforts provided.