How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is in Southwest Detention Center, Murrieta, CA.

Resolved Question:

My husband is in Southwest Detention Center, Murrieta, CA. He suffers from hypertension, history of strokes, cardiovascular surgeries and disease. He is awaiting sentencing on a DUI conviction. I have had his doctor's office fax his meds list. He had to sign a "waiver/release form of some kind in order for the Doctor's office to do this. The county jail nursing is no longer willing to discuss his BP #s, like recently in there 204/90 etc. They need a form signed by him, giving me permission/access to his medical information and care. How do I best do this? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®:

I am a licensed attorney and registered nurse. I will do my best to provide you an honest and accurate answer to your important legal question.

My goal is to make your experience here highly satisfactory. Toward that end, please keep a few details in mind during our interaction:

1. I am a lousy mind reader. If you do not supply information to me, I do not know it. Please, give me the needed details to work with so I can provide you with the best possible service. Also, if you use the RELIST or BLOCK features, our discussion ends and I may no longer be able to assist. Please, just write back to me, directly, and talk to me.

2. Also, while I make every effort to work in a timely fashion, answering legal questions is not an instantaneous process. I am required to conduct research, interact with multiple customers simultaneously and sometimes take a break. Also, there may be times when I have to sign off for the night or to attend to other obligations. Rest assured, however, I will get back to you.

3. If you have a new legal question, the terms of this site ask that you post it in a separate thread. In other words, please be fair and reasonable. You can direct any future questions to my attention. Just go to my Profile Page, type in the text box "ask Your Question", click the hyperlink that says "15 minutes", and use the drop down menu to select 12 hours.

4. Please remember that many times even attorneys disagree with the law. But, we cannot change it. The answer I give you is based on my years of legal education and professional practice. It may well not be what you were hoping to hear. I will be upfront and direct. I will not mislead you, misstate the law to suit your hopes, or agree just to meet your expectations.

5. If you answer an Information Request and I start working on formulating your answer, it does take some time to draft a quality response. In the meantime, you may receive a message indicating that I am "offline" or "unavailable". This is not the case. These messages are generated automatically without my knowledge or input.

6. Lastly, please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated. Information provided is informational and not legal advice. I am not your attorney. No attorney-client relationship exists between us. Consult legal counsel in your jurisdiction.

QUESTION: "How do I best do this?"

ANSWER: I am truly sorry for your most distressing circumstances. I have personally worked within the field of corrections. You are to be commend for caring and wanting to help your husband. Here is how this works. It is the legal duty of the facility -- not you, not your husband -- to provide him with medical care at the same standard available in the outside community, period. On the other hand, they are required, by law, to secure the written release, but it is their obligation to provide one for your husband to sign. The next time you speak with him, hopefully over the weekend if at all possible, if he has not already done so, it is imperative that he kit (submit a written interview request) to the medical department as well as his housing unit staff. If he is not given an opportunity to execute the release form on Monday, his next step is to file a formal grievance. This all has to be originated by him, not you, and once/if it reached the formal grievance stage, the time table starts and administration will be unable to ignore the issue.

I truly hope all works out for you and your husband. After you rate my answer (look for smiley faces and/or stars plus possibly a green "Submit" button), our conversation need not end. I would be happy to continue our dialog, without further charge, until you are fully satisfied. I promise to check back periodically for any updated posts from you each time I return to this online venue.
Join thousands of satisfied customers by adding me to your bookmarks/favorites: LawInfoNow. Just type your future question in the text box to direct it to my personal attention.

LawHelpNow and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you