Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I have been indicted for 1 count of wire in sdny can i make

Customer Question

I have been indicted for 1 count of wire in sdny can i make my plea through an attorney, being that i am not a resident
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.
Hi

You need to have an attorney who is licensed in the state where you were indicted if you want legal representation.

So if you were indicted in NY you need to have a NY licensed attorney regardless of where you live.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I know that , my question is can an attorney enter a plea without my presence at this point they have issued an arrest warrant but I am not a resident of the country
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Yes, if you hire an attorney, they may enter into a plea on your behalf and have the warrant quashed. Yes. Must be a licensed attorney in the state where you were charged